Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Guest Coloumn:

27/01/2010

Today I like to present the conversation that I had with one of our senior colleague who did his Ophthalmic Assistant course at Madurai Medical College, Madurai and now a Marketing Professional in class.

K. Srinivasan (44 Years )is a person par excellence. He is at present residing in Bangalore. From a mediocre background to a very successful professional he had traveled a long journey. He is hard working, intelligent (both in his school/College Days), a very good artist, enjoys reading, watches only sensible movies along with his family. I have known him close to 25 years as a friend, class mate and as a family friend. A Graduate from University of Madras and holds PG Degree in Marketing Management from University of Mysore apart from Diploma Pharmacy and Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistant from MMC, Madurai.

Veerasamy: Good Afternoon! Srinivasan. It is very nice talking to you. Pl tell me about your career journey from an Ophthalmic Assistant to a Marketing Professional.

Srinivasan: A Very Good Afternoon. It is been almost 21 years since I have entered into Marketing Field and all I can say is that my career is successful. After my course I joined Aravind Research Foundation, Madurai as Basic Eye Health Worker and worked there about a year. In Feb 1989 I have joined M/S. Crosland’s Research Lab Ltd as a Professional Service Representative based in Hubli , Karnataka. I have had vast experience in working in various reputed Pharmaceutical houses in India in different managerial position in Karnataka region. In 2004 I joined M/s. Infosys BPO Ltd in BANGALORE. After 2 years working there I moved to Institute Of Clinical Research (India) as a Regional Manager (South) based in Bangalore. Due to better managerial exposure I then moved to M/S. Bilcare Research Academy- a Pune Based Clinical Trial Management Services company which launched its Clinical Research Training Program in Bangalore in 2008 as a Marketing Manager looking after South India.
After working there till April 2009, I then moved to Au-Kbc Research Centre in MIT Campus, Chrompet, Chennai as a Clinical Trial Management Program Promotion Officer and at present I am with this Centre which is providing Clinical Trial Management Training to the Professionals. My job is to market this Training Program by organizing various promo activities including giving a guest speech at various Universities, colleges and institutions in order to promote clinical Research Education offered by the Centre at Anna University Chennai.

Veerasamy: Nice to know about your experience. Please tell me have ever repented for not joining the Govt.Service as an Ophthalmic Assistant and what is your opinion about forming a Council for the Vision Care Professionals of India.

Srinivasan: Not at all. It gives me immense pleasure that I have gone into a Private Sector where I have had enough learning experience and I am very happy the way my career progressed as of now.
It is very sad to know that you people have no common banner to get organized. You have the strength and purpose to form the council. Get organized first then move to the next level of excellence. Vision Council of India is a good idea. By 2011 you must realize this goal.

Veerasamy: Thank You!

Srinivasan: It’s my pleasure talking to you. Wish you guys all the very best in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Established in 1997, St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance is a leading education consultancy services providing exemplary service to students all over India. We deal in Admissions to all major professional courses in Premier Institutes across India. We are your one step solution for all career related needs, it may be MD, MBBS BE, BTech (ALL BRANCHES), , MDS, BDS, BPharm, BArch, MBA, MTech, MS, , PhD or any other courses. We provide personalized career solutions on an individual basis keeping in mind the aspirations of our client as well as the affordability factor.
    FOR ALL CAREER RELATED NEEDS CONTACT US :
    St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance,
    #2, 2nd Floor,
    J J Complex, Above Chemmannur Jewellers,
    Marthahalli - P O,
    Bangalore - 560037
    Karnataka
    e-mail :jojishpaily@gmail.com
    Contact: +919448516637
    +91 9886089896, +91 9449009983
    080-32416570, 41719562

    ReplyDelete